Spinach Salad Supreme
A tangy topping completes this fresh spinach salad, garnished with hard-cooked egg and crumbled bacon. Field editor Gail Sykora from Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin shared the recipe.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped green pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon ketchup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 2 cups torn fresh spinach
- 1 hard-cooked egg, sliced
- 3 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the first 10 ingredients;
- shake well. Divide spinach between two serving bowls or plates; top
- with egg and bacon. Drizzle with dressing. Serve immediately. Yield:
- 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 359 calories, 35 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 114 mg cholesterol, 532 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.