A tangy topping completes this fresh spinach salad, garnished with hard-cooked egg and crumbled bacon. Field editor Gail Sykora from Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin shared the recipe.
Recommended: 62 Christmas Potluck Sides for 12 or More
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped green pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon ketchup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 2 cups torn fresh spinach
- 1 hard-cooked egg, sliced
- 3 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the first 10 ingredients; shake well. Divide spinach between two serving bowls or plates; top with egg and bacon. Drizzle with dressing. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Spinach Salad Supreme in Taste of Home February/March 2003, p12
Reviews for Spinach Salad Supreme
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 25, 2016
"I made this with fresh spinach and green onions from m garden. Since I also had radishes I added them also. The dressing was very light and tasty a great addition to a summer meal!"