Spinach Salad Ring Recipe
I've been serving this salad on special occasions for more than 20 years. It's a new and interesting way to eat spinach.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. + chilling YIELD:10-12 servings
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed beef broth, undiluted
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 4 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1/4 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- Cherry tomatoes, optional
- 1. In a saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over broth; let stand for 5 minutes. Cook over low heat until gelatin is dissolved. Add water, lemon juice and salt; mix well.
- 2. Place mayonnaise in a bowl. Gradually add broth mixture, stirring constantly until smooth. Chill until slightly thickened, about 40 minutes. Fold in spinach, eggs, bacon and onions. pour into an greased 6-cup mold. Chill until firm.
- 3. When ready to serve, unmold onto a platter; garnish with tomatoes if desired. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 192 calories, 18 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 80 mg cholesterol, 480 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC