Spinach Salad Dressing
This special dressing works on any salad and has just the right sweet-and-sour taste to dress up a lunch salad.—Cindy Harnish, Wexford, Pennsylvania
10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 5 min.
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 4 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- Fresh spinach leaves
- Combine the first seven ingredients in a blender or food processor;
- cover and process until smooth. Serve over fresh spinach. Store
- leftover dressing in the refrigerator.
- Yield: 1-1/3 cups.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (2 tablespoons dressing, calculated without spinach) equals 118 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 260 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.