- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat; saute onion until tender. Stir in spinach, parsley and water; bring to a boil. Stir in rice, salt and pepper.
- Cover; remove from heat. Let stand until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed, 7-10 minutes. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Spinach Rice
"This recipe was very tasty and quick. I would make it again using less water and more spices. Maybe add some mushrooms and garlic."
"This is a good side dish. Gets people to eat spinach even tho they wouldn't eat it plain. Could use a little more seasoning - whatever kind you like. Maybe onion powder. I boiled it a few minutes after I added rice."