Spinach Rice Salad Recipe
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 celery rib, thinly sliced
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 cups thinly sliced fresh spinach
- 5 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the salad dressing, soy sauce and sugar. Stir in the rice, celery and onions. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- 2. Just before serving, stir in spinach and bacon. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 136 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 443 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Spinach Rice Salad
"Excellente. Even though I screwed this recipe up, it still tasted great. I used Uncle Ben's Ready Rice but forgot to warm it up first, and the rice tasted undone, after I added all the ingredients. I quick put it in the microwave and cooked it about the same amount of time as the package said for stovetop. It still turned out great! I doubled the amount of rice. The dressing is delicious and tangy and really makes the salad. Next time I'll do it right using reg rice. A great change from potato and pasta salads."
"I substituted a box of Rice a Roni Fried Rice for the rice in the salad. Took it to a church dinner and had many requests for the recipe. Great with Chinese meals. A real keeper!!"
"This recipe has become a staple for me. It's quick and easy, and absolutely delicious. A great alternative to pasta and potato salads, it never lasts long."