Here's a salad that goes well with many menus. It has a hint of Asian flavor, with spinach and green onions for color and bacon for a bit of crunch.
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 celery rib, thinly sliced
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 cups thinly sliced fresh spinach
- 5 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a large bowl, combine the salad dressing, soy sauce and sugar. Stir in the rice, celery and onions. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Just before serving, stir in spinach and bacon. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Spinach Rice Salad in Country Extra July 2000, p49
Reviews for Spinach Rice Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review