Spinach Rice Casserole Recipe
"This nicely seasoned casserole combines popular rice and the goodness of fresh spinach," says Mathilda Navias of Tiffin, Ohio. "Topped with Parmesan cheese, it's a savory side dish with any meat."
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 package (10 ounces) fresh spinach, torn
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepan, saute onion in oil until tender. Add rice; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Add broth and water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Stir in the spinach, salt and pepper; cook until spinach is wilted.
- Transfer to a 2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Cover and bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until rice is tender. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Spinach Rice Casserole in Light & Tasty December/January 2002, p18
Reviews for Spinach Rice Casserole(4)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 11, 2013
This was very good. Could use a little garlic for my taste, but otherwise perfect.
Reviewed Jul. 6, 2012
Tasty. Different way to have spinach and rice and simple to make!
This is a GREAT way to get my kids to eat spinach. Simple too!
More Recipe Collections
- Baking Recipes >
- Casserole Side Dish Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Side Dishes >
- Healthy Cooking Side Dishes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Rice Casserole Recipes >
- Rice Recipes >
- Rice Side Dish Recipes >
- Rice Side Dishes >