Spinach Rice Bake
This is one of my best, most requested spinach recipes. It's tasty.Kathy Kittell, Lenexa, Kansas
4 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach
- 1 cup cooked long grain rice
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Cook spinach according to package directions; drain well. Add the
- remaining ingredients. Transfer to a greased 1-qt. baking dish.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Uncover; bake 20-25
- minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out
- clean. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 273 calories, 17 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 154 mg cholesterol, 330 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 13 g protein.