Spinach Raspberry Salad
"My family is always thrilled to see this lovely refreshing salad on the table," remarks Valerie Mitchell from Hudson, Ohio. "Its sweet raspberry dressing is the ideal topper for nutritious spinach, fresh berries and kiwi. Nuts and croutons provide a bit of crunch," she notes.
7 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons raspberry vinegar
- 2 tablespoons raspberry jam
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 8 cups torn fresh spinach
- 2 cups fresh raspberries, divided
- 4 tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted, divided
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced onion
- 3 kiwifruit, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup seasoned salad croutons
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the oil, vinegar, jam and
- pepper; shake well. In a large salad bowl, gently combine spinach, 1
- cup of raspberries, 2 tablespoons almonds and onion. Top with kiwi,
- croutons and remaining berries and almonds. Drizzle with dressing.
- Yield: 7 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (1 cup) equals 164 calories, 9 g fat (1 g saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 101 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1 vegetable, 1 fruit.