- 1 package (24 ounces) refrigerated mashed potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 8 ounces sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry (about 1/2 cup)
- 6 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, cooked and crumbled or 1/3 cup bacon bits
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary or 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. Press mashed potatoes onto bottom and up sides of a greased 9-in. deep-dish pie plate. Brush with 1 tablespoon oil. Bake 30 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms; cook and stir 3-4 minutes or until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Remove from heat. Stir in spinach, bacon and rosemary; spoon over crust. In a small bowl, whisk eggs, milk and pepper until blended; stir in cheese. Pour over mushroom mixture.
- Bake 25-30 minutes longer or until golden brown and a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Spinach Quiche with Potato Crust
"I wasn't really faithful to the recipe, just used it as a base, but my family enjoyed it. I left out the mushrooms, rosemary and bacon, but I diced up a couple pork chops to put in with the spinach. We'll do this one again. Oh, and it's not too hard to make it gluten free with the potato crust."
"Awesome recipe. I left out the rosemary because I didn't think I would like it, and it was perfect without."
"I also shred 8 ounces of Swiss cheese, and n the milk and egg mixture, I ad about 1/2-1 teaspoon of nutmeg. This is a terrific party-goer quiche!"
"Can you substitute chicken for the bacon?My rating is based on the ingredients and the potential of the recipe."
"Beautiful to look at and delicious to eat. The only change I would make is to cut back on the garlic as two cloves overpower the other flavours. Can't wait to eat the leftovers!"
"This reheated well, tasted great, and made a filling snack during a busy day. I am going to try it with skins left on for an even more filling serving, and with sausage and bacon to get more protein. There is also great opportunity for different flavors in the mashed potatoes. The simplicity of the dish makes creativity possible, but it also tastes great without anything creative."