Spinach Quesadillas Recipe
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Monterey Jack cheese or Mexican cheese blend
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 6 flour tortillas (6 inches)
- 1/4 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1. Place the first six ingredients in a large nonstick skillet; cook and stir over medium heat just until spinach is wilted. Remove from heat; stir in cheeses.
- 2. Top half of each tortilla with spinach mixture; fold other half over filling. Place on a griddle coated with cooking spray. Cook over medium heat 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Cut each quesadilla in half. Serve with sour cream. Yield: 4 servings.
3 wedges with 1 tablespoon sour cream equals 267 calories, 12 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 634 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 15 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 medium-fat meat, 1 vegetable.