- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Monterey Jack cheese or Mexican cheese blend
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 6 flour tortillas (6 inches)
- 1/4 cup fat-free sour cream
- Place the first six ingredients in a large nonstick skillet; cook and stir over medium heat just until spinach is wilted. Remove from heat; stir in cheeses.
- Top half of each tortilla with spinach mixture; fold other half over filling. Place on a griddle coated with cooking spray. Cook over medium heat 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Cut each quesadilla in half. Serve with sour cream. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Spinach Quesadillas
Sort By :
Very good. I used cream cheese because I didn't have any ricotta, and it was great. Will definitely try adding black beans and maybe some chicken next time.
These are good! After making a few times I started to skip the skillet step - now, I mix the tomato, green onion, garlic powder, lemon juice, cumin and riccota together in a bowl. Spread on a tortilla, top with shredded cheese and julienned baby spinach, fold over, and cook on a griddle. I find the tortillas stay crisper when I didn't pre-wilt the spinach. I also add leftover rotisserie chicken when I want a heartier meal.
So so good!! And very low calorie!! I only ate 1/3 of the serving and was full. We added black beans and corn. Mmmm. . .
These were terrific! I added bacon, so the quesadillas were cooked in the bacon fat on the griddle. You definitely need to drain the spinach prior to mixing with the cheese.
This was excellent! As kellyann7750 said, the quesadillas don't stay crisp for long, but it sure doesn't take long to eat them -- ooey, gooey goodness. I took her suggestion and mixed the garlic powder and cumin with the lemon juice before adding it to the pan. Just wonderful!
More Recipe Collections
- Cheese Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- New Year's Dinner Recipes >
- New Year's Recipes >