My family gave these cheesy quesadillas oohs and aahs. Give the spinach a quick wilt so it's still a little crisp when it's time to eat. —Pam Kaiser, Mansfield, Missouri
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Monterey Jack cheese or Mexican cheese blend
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 6 flour tortillas (6 inches)
- 1/4 cup fat-free sour cream
- Place the first six ingredients in a large nonstick skillet; cook and stir over medium heat just until spinach is wilted. Remove from heat; stir in cheeses.
- Top half of each tortilla with spinach mixture; fold other half over filling. Place on a griddle coated with cooking spray. Cook over medium heat 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Cut each quesadilla in half. Serve with sour cream. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Spinach Quesadillas in Healthy Cooking June/July 2009, p41
Reviews for Spinach Quesadillas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review