Spinach Quesadillas Recipe
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Monterey Jack cheese or Mexican cheese blend
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 6 flour tortillas (6 inches)
- 1/4 cup fat-free sour cream
- Place the first six ingredients in a large nonstick skillet; cook and stir over medium heat just until spinach is wilted. Remove from heat; stir in cheeses.
- Top half of each tortilla with spinach mixture; fold other half over filling. Place on a griddle coated with cooking spray. Cook over medium heat 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Cut each quesadilla in half. Serve with sour cream. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Spinach Quesadillas(9)
Sort By :
These were terrific! I added bacon, so the quesadillas were cooked in the bacon fat on the griddle. You definitely need to drain the spinach prior to mixing with the cheese.
This was excellent! As kellyann7750 said, the quesadillas don't stay crisp for long, but it sure doesn't take long to eat them -- ooey, gooey goodness. I took her suggestion and mixed the garlic powder and cumin with the lemon juice before adding it to the pan. Just wonderful!
It was delicious! I will add chicken or seafood next time though.
I like the idea of this recipe so I'm not giving up on it. I drained the spinach and chopped it up but it was all still so gooey that the quesadilla didn't stay crisp for long. Also, the cumin didn't get mixed in well so some bites had a lot and some had none. Next time, I'm going to saute the spinach separately and squeeze it between some paper towels to really get it dry. Also, I plan on mixing the lemon juice and spices together and let it marinate over the tomatoes while I saute and squeeze the spinach. I'm hoping that helps. Oh - and a tiny pinch of salt, too.
Super tasty! I couldn't find any good-looking tomatoes so I used canned diced ones, drained, and I also used lime juice instead of lemon. Served with a spicy black bean soup. Yum!
More Recipe Collections
- Cheese Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- New Year's Dinner Recipes >
- New Year's Recipes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Vegetarian Recipes >