This potato dish is considered a special treat even by my grandchildren and great-grandchildren. It came to me from a dear friend who was raised on a farm in Kansas, and it's one of my personal favorites. The creamy spuds, spinach and melted cheese provide down-home flavor that can't be beat. It's a great side to bring to a potluck.
- 6 to 8 potatoes, peeled and diced
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, cooked and drained
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 1-1/4 teaspoons dill weed
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a bowl, combine the potatoes, sour cream, butter, sugar, salt and pepper. Add the spinach, chives and dill. Spoon into a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Spinach Potatoes in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2001, p29
Reviews for Spinach Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review