Spinach Potato Soup Recipe
When your clan is hungry, hot and hearty soup surely fills the bill...not to mention stomachs! You'll find the spinach is a colorful addition to ordinary potato soup.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 2 cups cubed peeled potatoes (1/2-inch pieces)
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 cup thinly sliced fresh or chopped frozen spinach
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1. In a saucepan, combine the potatoes, water, onion and bouillon; bring to a boil. Cook until potatoes are tender, about 10 minutes. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Cook until spinach is wilted and mixture is heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 280 calories, 22 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 82 mg cholesterol, 469 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC