Spinach Potato Soup Recipe
When your clan is hungry, hot and hearty soup surely fills the bill...not to mention stomachs! You'll find the spinach is a colorful addition to ordinary potato soup.
- 2 cups cubed peeled potatoes (1/2-inch pieces)
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 cup thinly sliced fresh or chopped frozen spinach
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- In a saucepan, combine the potatoes, water, onion and bouillon; bring to a boil. Cook until potatoes are tender, about 10 minutes. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Cook until spinach is wilted and mixture is heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Spinach Potato Soup in Taste of Home Meals in Minutes Calendar Annual 1996, p9
Reviews for Spinach Potato Soup(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 8, 2011
Very good soup! I did make a few modifications though, ended up using chopped onion and garlic sautÃ©ed in butter, then adding the water and chicken bullion. Overall my family enjoyed it very much and next time I think I'll add some kielbasa.