Spinach Potato Pancakes
"Like dressed-up potato pancakes, this version has a medley of vegetables that makes them extra tasty and nutritious," says Mildred Sherrer of Bay City, Texas.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 medium potato, peeled and shredded
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 to 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 egg, beaten
- Applesauce, optional
- In a bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Stir in egg; mix
- well. drop batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a well-greased hot griddle.
- Flatten to form patties. Fry until golden brown; turn and cook until
- second side is lightly browned. Drain on paper towels. Serve with
- applesauce if desired. Yield: 1 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: One pancake (prepared with 1/4 teaspoon salt and egg substitute equivalent to one egg and served without applesauce) equals 32 calories, trace fat (0 saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 77 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch.