"Like dressed-up potato pancakes, this version has a medley of vegetables that makes them extra tasty and nutritious," says Mildred Sherrer of Bay City, Texas.
Recommended: 16 Ways to Use Up Leftover Mashed Potatoes
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 medium potato, peeled and shredded
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 to 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 egg, beaten
- Applesauce, optional
- In a bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Stir in egg; mix well. drop batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a well-greased hot griddle. Flatten to form patties. Fry until golden brown; turn and cook until second side is lightly browned. Drain on paper towels. Serve with applesauce if desired. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Spinach Potato Pancakes in Taste of Home August/September 1999, p8
Reviews for Spinach Potato Pancakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review