Becky Burch of Marceline, Missouri shared these Italian-style shells.
- 6 uncooked jumbo pasta shells
- 1/4 pound ground pork
- 4 cups water
- 3 cups torn fresh spinach
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup meatless spaghetti sauce
- Cook pasta shells according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small skillet, cook pork over medium heat until no longer pink; drain and set aside. In a saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add spinach; boil for 1-2 minutes or until wilted. Drain and squeeze dry; chop the spinach.
- In a bowl, combine the pork, spinach, egg, 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese, cream, garlic, salt, nutmeg and pepper. Drain shells; stuff with the pork mixture. Spread 1/4 cup spaghetti sauce in an ungreased 1-qt. baking dish.
- Place stuffed shells in dish; drizzle with remaining spaghetti sauce. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese. Cover and bake at 400° for 15 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Spinach-Pork Stuffed Shells in Cooking for 2 Spring 2005, p31
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Spinach-Pork Stuffed Shells
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 12, 2009
"Has any one tried this with ground turkey or chicken?"