Spinach Pork Chops with Lemon Gravy Recipe
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, divided
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (1 inch thick and 6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1. In a large skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Add the spinach, and 2 tablespoons walnuts; cook and stir just until spinach is wilted. Add garlic: cook 1 minute longer. Remove from the heat; set aside.
- 2. Cut a deep slit in each pork chop, forming a pocket. Stuff 1/4 cup spinach mixture into each chop; secure with toothpicks. Sprinkle with pepper. In the same skillet, cook chops in oil for 4-8 minutes on each side until a thermometer reads 145°. Remove and keep warm. Let meat stand 5 minutes before serving.
- 3. Stir flour and salt into skillet until blended. Gradually stir in broth and lemon juice, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with pork chops; sprinkle with remaining walnuts. Yield: 4 servings.
1 stuffed pork chop with 2 tablespoons gravy and 1-1/2 teaspoons walnuts equals 368 calories, 21 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 90 mg cholesterol, 434 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 37 g protein.
Reviews for Spinach Pork Chops with Lemon Gravy
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.