- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, divided
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (1 inch thick and 6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- In a large skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Add the spinach, and 2 tablespoons walnuts; cook and stir just until spinach is wilted. Add garlic: cook 1 minute longer. Remove from the heat; set aside.
- Cut a deep slit in each pork chop, forming a pocket. Stuff 1/4 cup spinach mixture into each chop; secure with toothpicks. Sprinkle with pepper. In the same skillet, cook chops in oil for 4-8 minutes on each side until a thermometer reads 145°. Remove and keep warm. Let meat stand 5 minutes before serving.
- Stir flour and salt into skillet until blended. Gradually stir in broth and lemon juice, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with pork chops; sprinkle with remaining walnuts. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Spinach Pork Chops with Lemon Gravy
Sort By :
Made this and it was very good. Next time i'll dry toast the walnts in a pan first. that should bring it up to a 5
I used diced fresh mushrooms instead of walnuts because one of my family members is allergic to nuts. I increased both the garlic and lemon juice. This was a delicious and I would definitely make it again.
More Recipe Collections
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Pork Chop Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Main Dishes >
- Pork Recipes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Pork Dinner Recipes >