Spinach Po'boys Recipe
- 2 loaves (8 ounces each) French bread
- 1 cup butter, softened, divided
- 3/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 package (10 ounces) fresh spinach, trimmed and coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. Cut each loaf of bread in half lengthwise. Spread cut sides with 1/2 cup butter; set aside. In a large skillet, cook onions in remaining butter for 4-5 minutes or until tender. Add the spinach, garlic powder and hot pepper sauce; cook and stir for 3 minutes or until spinach is tender.
- 2. Spread spinach mixture over the bottom halves of bread. Sprinkle with cheeses; replace bread tops. Wrap each loaf in foil; place on a baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 20 minutes. Carefully open foil; bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Cut into slices. Yield: 12-16 slices.
1 each: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Spinach Po'boys
"This sandwich is excellent. My daughter is a vegetarian and loves it. I would decrease the cooking time to have a softer sandwich."