Spinach-Pine Nut Pasta Recipe
- 8 ounces uncooked gemelli or spiral pasta
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil), chopped
- 8 ounces coarsely chopped fresh spinach
- 1-1/2 cups fat-free milk
- 1 package (1.6 ounces) Alfredo sauce mix
- 1/2 cup pine nuts, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions, stirring in the tomatoes and spinach during the last 4 minutes of cooking time. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine milk and Alfredo sauce mix. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Stir in 1/4 cup pine nuts and salt.
- 2. Drain pasta and vegetables; toss with Alfredo sauce. Sprinkle with remaining pine nuts. Yield: 5 servings.
1 cup equals 337 calories, 10 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 618 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 15 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 starch, 2 fat, 1 vegetable.
Reviews for Spinach-Pine Nut Pasta
"I really loved this recipe! It was easy and flavorful...I never have leftovers when this is made! Some of my family preferred not to have sun-dried tomatoes, but either way it tastes great!"
"Made with Silk Soymilk... A bit boring. Extra salt made it edible, but I was rather disappointed. Perhaps my tomatoes needed to be chopped smaller, because they do enhance the flavor."