“This is a fantastic recipe,” assures Katie Graczyk of Darien, Illinois. “It’s easy to prepare with a taste that rivals dishes served in fancy Italian restaurants.”
- 8 ounces uncooked gemelli or spiral pasta
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil), chopped
- 8 ounces coarsely chopped fresh spinach
- 1-1/2 cups fat-free milk
- 1 package (1.6 ounces) Alfredo sauce mix
- 1/2 cup pine nuts, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Cook pasta according to package directions, stirring in the tomatoes and spinach during the last 4 minutes of cooking time. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine milk and Alfredo sauce mix. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Stir in 1/4 cup pine nuts and salt.
- Drain pasta and vegetables; toss with Alfredo sauce. Sprinkle with remaining pine nuts. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Spinach-Pine Nut Pasta in Light & Tasty April/May 2006, p53
Reviews for Spinach-Pine Nut Pasta
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review