- 2 cups seasoned croutons, coarsely crushed
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 6 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- Sliced tomatoes, optional
- In a bowl, combine the croutons and butter. Press onto the bottom of an ungreased 9-in. pie plate. In a bowl, combine the spinach, cottage cheese, Monterey Jack cheese, eggs, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, sour cream, onion and garlic salt. Spoon over crust. Bake at 350° for 35 minutes.
- Garnish with tomato slices; sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Spinach Pie Parma in Country Woman May/June 1990, p35
Reviews for Spinach Pie Parma
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 18, 2014
"I made this as a side dish for a baked Parmesan Chicken recipe. I substituted fresh spinach because I hate working with frozen. Overall I was quite pleased with it."