When my kids were really small, they were reluctant to eat their veggies and I had to get creative. I figured that because pesto is already green, it would be the perfect place for some spinach. The pizza was a big hit. —Janet Burbach, North Platte, Nebraska
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon prepared pesto, divided
- 1 package (6 ounces) ready-to-use grilled chicken breast strips
- 1 prebaked 12-inch pizza crust
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 5 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 450°. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add spinach; cook and stir just until wilted. Remove from heat; stir in 1/4 cup pesto. In a small bowl, toss chicken with remaining pesto.
- Place crust on an ungreased baking sheet. Spread with spinach mixture; top with chicken, mozzarella cheese and bacon. Drop ricotta cheese by rounded teaspoonfuls over top; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake 8-10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 slices.
Originally published as Spinach-Pesto White Pizza in Simple & Delicious August/September 2014
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Spinach-Pesto White Pizza
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review