Spinach-Pesto White Pizza Recipe
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon prepared pesto, divided
- 1 package (6 ounces) ready-to-use grilled chicken breast strips
- 1 prebaked 12-inch pizza crust
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 5 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 450°. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add spinach; cook and stir just until wilted. Remove from heat; stir in 1/4 cup pesto. In a small bowl, toss chicken with remaining pesto.
- Place crust on an ungreased baking sheet. Spread with spinach mixture; top with chicken, mozzarella cheese and bacon. Drop ricotta cheese by rounded teaspoonfuls over top; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake 8-10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 slices.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Spinach-Pesto White Pizza
Sort By :
A simple & quick recipe that really delivers the flavor. We loved this pizza and will be making it again. I didn't use the olive oil but just wilted the spinach in the bacon drippings.