- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon prepared pesto, divided
- 1 package (6 ounces) ready-to-use grilled chicken breast strips
- 1 prebaked 12-inch pizza crust
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Galbani® Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese
- 5 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup Galbani® Part Skim Ricotta Cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 450°. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add spinach; cook and stir just until wilted. Remove from heat; stir in 1/4 cup pesto. In a small bowl, toss chicken with remaining pesto.
- Place crust on an ungreased baking sheet. Spread with spinach mixture; top with chicken, mozzarella cheese and bacon. Drop ricotta cheese by rounded teaspoonfuls over top; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake 8-10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 slices.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Spinach-Pesto White Pizza
Sort By :
"Good filling pizza. I thought another flavor was needed, perhaps some saut?ed sweet onions. Next time I will try as the other reviewers did and saut? spinach in bacon drippings."
"My 12 year old vegetarian daughter loves this recipe. She just replaces the meat with veggies. We substituted garlic Naan for the pizza dough, which not only gives it more flavor, but makes it even easier to make. If I want to make a meat dish for the rest of the family, we just throw this together for her."
"This is a simple and delicious recipe! Like the other reviewer I used the bacon drippings to wilt the spinach. My family also likes this with fresh spinach added to the top after baking."
"A simple & quick recipe that really delivers the flavor. We loved this pizza and will be making it again. I didn't use the olive oil but just wilted the spinach in the bacon drippings."