Spinach Pesto Recipe
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 2 cups loosely packed basil leaves
- 1 cup grated Romano cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 cup olive oil
- Hot cooked pasta
- Place the first six ingredients in a food processor; cover and pulse until chopped. Add the walnuts, lemon juice and peel; cover and process until blended. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream.
- Serve desired amount of pesto with pasta. Transfer remaining sauce to ice cube trays. Cover and freeze for up to 1 month.
- To use frozen pesto: Thaw in the refrigerator for 3 hours. Serve with pasta. Yield: 2 cups.
Reviews for Spinach Pesto(3)
Sort By :
Easy to make and got five stars from the family
I made extra, from an abundant basil harvest last summer, froze it in ice cube trays and was able to enjoy a quick, delicious meal for my family all winter long. Wonderful!!
This recipe was delicious and simple. I poured the pesto over pasta with bacon and sauted mushrooms. It was very good, and we had plenty of leftovers.