Spinach Pepperoni Spaghetti
In Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Joanne Laing Soyk uses fresh basil to flavor this medley of mushrooms, pepperoni, spinach and spaghetti. "It's delicious accompanied with breadsticks," she remarks.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 package (7 ounces) thin spaghetti
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 package (3-1/2 ounces) pepperoni, cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 cups torn fresh spinach
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a
- skillet, saute mushrooms and pepperoni in butter until mushrooms are
- tender. Stir in spinach, basil and lemon juice. Cook and stir for 2
- minutes or until spinach is wilted. Drain spaghetti. Toss with
- pepperoni mixture and 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese. Sprinkle with
- the remaining Parmesan cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 400 calories, 19 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 40 mg cholesterol, 650 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 16 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.