In Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Joanne Laing Soyk uses fresh basil to flavor this medley of mushrooms, pepperoni, spinach and spaghetti. "It's delicious accompanied with breadsticks," she remarks.
- 1 package (7 ounces) thin spaghetti
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 package (3-1/2 ounces) pepperoni, cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 cups torn fresh spinach
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a skillet, saute mushrooms and pepperoni in butter until mushrooms are tender. Stir in spinach, basil and lemon juice. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until spinach is wilted. Drain spaghetti. Toss with pepperoni mixture and 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese. Sprinkle with the remaining Parmesan cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Spinach Pepperoni Spaghetti in Quick Cooking September/October 2000, p34
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Spinach Pepperoni Spaghetti
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 23, 2011
"I think I will try it with a little marinara sauce as a binder. Otherwise, tasty and quick"