Spinach provides a delicious base for all the wonderful flavor combinations found in Kierste Wade's hearty salad. The Midland, Michigan reader writes, This salad is perfect for so many different occasions, including when company comes.”
- 2 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon plus 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 3/4 cup crumbled cooked bacon
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute red pepper and onion in 1 tablespoon oil for 3-4 minutes or until tender.
- Drain pasta and place in a serving bowl. Add the red pepper mixture, spinach, bacon, feta cheese and tomatoes.
- In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, pepper, salt and remaining oil. Drizzle over pasta mixture; toss to coat. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Spinach Penne Toss in Simple & Delicious May/June 2007, p46
Reviews for Spinach Penne Toss
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review