This bridal shower beauty will shine as is, or double the vinaigrette and use half to marinate and grill chicken breasts. Slice and add to the salad. —Benice Silver, Carmel, Indiana
- 1 package (16 ounces) uncooked whole wheat penne pasta
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 3 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 3/4 cup (6 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced ripe or Greek olives
- In a Dutch oven, cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse in cold water; drain again.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk the vinaigrette ingredients. In a large bowl, combine the pasta, spinach, tomatoes, feta cheese, onions and olives. Add vinaigrette; toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Spinach Penne Salad in Taste of Home June/July 2012, p56
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Spinach Penne Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review