- 1 package (16 ounces) uncooked whole wheat penne pasta
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 3 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 3/4 cup (6 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced ripe or Greek olives
- In a Dutch oven, cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse in cold water; drain again.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk the vinaigrette ingredients. In a large bowl, combine the pasta, spinach, tomatoes, feta cheese, onions and olives. Add vinaigrette; toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 10 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Spinach Penne Salad
Sort By :
"Really good. The white wine vinegar we use was very strong, but the dressing was great!"
"Made this to go with our smoked ribs last night. Had a guest over for dinner. He raved about this salad. Had 3 helpings of it, and I printed out the recipe for him to take with him. We didn't use whole wheat pasta. Just used some of the many different pasta we had on hand. Will make this one again and again and again. Great flavor in the dressing."
"Really simple; really good! Omitted the olives because we don't like them, otherwise made as directed."
"Delicious! Added grilled chicken breast as suggested. Makes a wonderful light summer supper."
"Awesome light salad! Will definitely make again. Used halved cherry tomatoes and left out the olives (didn't have them) and feta (family doesn't like anything good)."