- 1 package (16 ounces) uncooked whole wheat penne pasta
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 3 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 3/4 cup (6 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced ripe or Greek olives
- In a Dutch oven, cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse in cold water; drain again.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk the vinaigrette ingredients. In a large bowl, combine the pasta, spinach, tomatoes, feta cheese, onions and olives. Add vinaigrette; toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 10 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Spinach Penne Salad
"I wouldn't change a thing!"
"Quick, easy and tasty! I thought the spinach would be too wet in the leftovers the next day, but it wasn't. The pasta absorbed the dressing nicely."
"This salad is delicious and easy to make. The first day I thought the vinegar made it taste really strong, ( not bad though) so I liked it better the second day. I like that it's different from the salads that just have a ton of mayo in it. I used pistachio oil because that's what I had open, and black olives, and skipped the green onions because I forgot to buy them. I think this would work with a little finely chopped regular onion though. My husband really liked it too. I will make this again."
"This salad is excellent- the dressing is perfect. I replaced about one-fourth of the spinach with a handful of fresh whole basil leaves from my garden. (we put basil in EVERYTHING) Compliments all around and no leftovers!"
"Really good. The white wine vinegar we use was very strong, but the dressing was great!"
"Made this to go with our smoked ribs last night. Had a guest over for dinner. He raved about this salad. Had 3 helpings of it, and I printed out the recipe for him to take with him. We didn't use whole wheat pasta. Just used some of the many different pasta we had on hand. Will make this one again and again and again. Great flavor in the dressing."
"Really simple; really good! Omitted the olives because we don't like them, otherwise made as directed."
"Delicious! Added grilled chicken breast as suggested. Makes a wonderful light summer supper."