- 1 package (16 ounces) uncooked whole wheat penne pasta
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 3 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 3/4 cup (6 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced ripe or Greek olives
- In a Dutch oven, cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse in cold water; drain again.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk the vinaigrette ingredients. In a large bowl, combine the pasta, spinach, tomatoes, feta cheese, onions and olives. Add vinaigrette; toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 10 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Spinach Penne Salad
Sort By :
"Quick, easy and tasty! I thought the spinach would be too wet in the leftovers the next day, but it wasn't. The pasta absorbed the dressing nicely."
"This salad is delicious and easy to make. The first day I thought the vinegar made it taste really strong, ( not bad though) so I liked it better the second day. I like that it's different from the salads that just have a ton of mayo in it. I used pistachio oil because that's what I had open, and black olives, and skipped the green onions because I forgot to buy them. I think this would work with a little finely chopped regular onion though. My husband really liked it too. I will make this again."
"Very very delicious. This is a keeper. I made it for 3 different events. Once I changed the pasta and included bow tie pasta instead of penne and it was complimented as a very pretty salad in addition to being the hit of the party delicious."
"This salad is excellent- the dressing is perfect. I replaced about one-fourth of the spinach with a handful of fresh whole basil leaves from my garden. (we put basil in EVERYTHING) Compliments all around and no leftovers!"
"this was a big hit - way better than the usual pasta salad I serve at parties. This will be my new standard pasta salad. Delicious. And nutritious!"