Spinach Pecan Bake Recipe
I DISCOVERED this recipe while I was on a hunt for a different kind of vegetable dish to serve. I tried it and declared it a winner. The guests I first served this to also raved, so it has a permanent spot in my recipe file. -Dorothy Pritchett, Wills Point, Texas
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3 packages (10 ounces each) frozen leaf spinach, thawed and drained
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1. In a small skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. In a large bowl, combine the onion, spinach, cream, pecans, bread crumbs, salt, nutmeg and pepper.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over the spinach mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until lightly browned. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 194 calories, 16 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 30 mg cholesterol, 491 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC