- 1 ounce milk chocolate, chopped
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 1 large pear, sliced
- 3 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- In a microwave, melt chocolate; stir until smooth. Whisk in the vinegar, oil, honey, salt and pepper; set aside.
- Divide spinach among four salad plates. Top with pear, cranberries and almonds. Drizzle with dressing. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Spinach Pear Salad with Chocolate Vinaigrette
"Tasty for something different. We made it to go with a chocolate Fest dinner we enjoyed. Probably not a recipe for everyday but glad we tried it."
"This was so great. The dressing is very flavourful, so you don't need much. I will make this again."