Spinach Pear Salad with Chocolate Vinaigrette
Tangy from balsamic and mellowed with chocolate, this light vinaigrette stays well-blended and also would be great over berries or watermelon. —Healthy Cooking Test Kitchen
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 ounce milk chocolate, chopped
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 1 large pear, sliced
- 3 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- In a microwave, melt chocolate; stir until smooth. Whisk in the
- vinegar, oil, honey, salt and pepper; set aside.
- Divide spinach among four salad plates. Top with pear, cranberries
- and almonds. Drizzle with dressing. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 215 calories, 14 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 185 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1 starch, 1 vegetable.