Tangy from balsamic and mellowed with chocolate, this light vinaigrette stays well-blended and also would be great over berries or watermelon. —Healthy Cooking Test Kitchen
- 1 ounce milk chocolate, chopped
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 1 large pear, sliced
- 3 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- In a microwave, melt chocolate; stir until smooth. Whisk in the vinegar, oil, honey, salt and pepper; set aside.
- Divide spinach among four salad plates. Top with pear, cranberries and almonds. Drizzle with dressing. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Spinach Pear Salad with Chocolate Vinaigrette in Healthy Cooking February/March 2012, p57
Reviews for Spinach Pear Salad with Chocolate Vinaigrette
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review