Spinach Pasta Salad Recipe
- 1 package (7 ounces) macaroni
- 1 package (10 ounces) fresh spinach, torn
- 12 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 6 bacon strips, chopped
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain and cool. In a large bowl, combine macaroni, spinach, mushrooms and onion; set aside. In a medium skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon to paper towels; discard all but 2 tablespoons of drippings. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch, sugar, salt and pepper; whisk into drippings. stir in mayonnaise; gradually mix in water and vinegar. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly; boil for 1 minute. Pour over salad and toss well. Sprinkle with bacon. Serve immediately or refrigerate. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Originally published as Spinach Pasta Salad in Country Woman July/August 1995, p11
This recipe pairs well with a light white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters White Blend CA, a crisp flavorful wine with hints of citrus. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $69.99. Order Now
Reviews for Spinach Pasta Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review