Spinach Parmesan Linguine
If you're looking for a taste change from plain buttered noodles, serve this pleasing pasta toss as a streamlined side dish. Frozen spinach and Parmesan cheese add lively flavor to linguine.
10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) linguine
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a
- saucepan over medium-high heat, bring broth to a boil. Add onion and
- garlic. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Stir in
- spinach; cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the milk, cream cheese, salt and pepper; stir until cheese is
- melted. drain linguine and place in a serving bowl. Add sauce and
- toss to coat. Sprinkle with Parmesan and mozzarella cheeses; toss to
- coat. Yield: 10 servings.