- 2 pounds fresh baby spinach
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a stockpot, bring 5 cups water to a boil. Add spinach; cook, covered, 1 minute or just until wilted. Drain well.
- In a small skillet, heat butter and oil over medium-low heat. Add garlic, Italian seasoning and salt; cook and stir until garlic is tender, 1-2 minutes.
- Spread spinach in a greased 8-in. square or 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Drizzle with butter mixture; sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, until cheese is lightly browned, 10-15 minutes. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Spinach-Parm Casserole
"Really good! This recipe had the spirit of a creamed spinach without the cream. Great flavor. Definitely will make again."
"I love spinach .... I could eat it every day and I'm always looking for new spinach recipes to try. This one is a winner! I didn't have fresh spinach on hand so I made it with 3 10-ounce packages of frozen chopped spinach that I thawed and drained WELL and I also mixed in 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheese to the spinach before putting it in the baking dish. I think I would cut back on the garlic a little but, other than that..... this is one awesome spinach recipe!"
"I don't have a review yet but I do have a question. Has anyone tried this with frozen spinach and if so how did it work out?"
"I've not made it yet but on my list for this week. I plan on saut?ing the spinach instead of boiling and then toss under the broiler until the cheese it browned."
"Oh yum! This is very tasty. I divide the recipe in half for the two of us. My husband loves it!"
"Made this a few weeks ago with tenderloin steaks. How fresh and delish !"
"My daughter and I liked this, but my husband didn't. Will have to keep it for when he goes on his hunting or fishing trips!"
"This is a really tasty way to eat spinach-loved it!"
"As soon as I saw this in my TOH magazine, I knew I wanted to try it. I am glad I did! My family likes spinach but I rarely serve it 'plain'. And sometimes there are just too many ingredients in a spinach recipe that disguise what the spinach really is. This was perfect and we all loved it. I will definitely make this again."
"I made this recipe yesterday and it was extremly tasty. The Italian seasoning, herbs and Parmesan cheese blended very nicely with the spinach."