- 2 pounds fresh baby spinach
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a stockpot, bring 5 cups water to a boil. Add spinach; cook, covered, 1 minute or just until wilted. Drain well.
- In a small skillet, heat butter and oil over medium-low heat. Add garlic, Italian seasoning and salt; cook and stir until garlic is tender, 1-2 minutes.
- Spread spinach in a greased 8-in. square or 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Drizzle with butter mixture; sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, until cheese is lightly browned, 10-15 minutes. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Spinach-Parm Casserole
"I love spinach .... I could eat it every day and I'm always looking for new spinach recipes to try. This one is a winner! I didn't have fresh spinach on hand so I made it with 3 10-ounce packages of frozen chopped spinach that I thawed and drained WELL and I also mixed in 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheese to the spinach before putting it in the baking dish. I think I would cut back on the garlic a little but, other than that..... this is one awesome spinach recipe!"
"I don't have a review yet but I do have a question. Has anyone tried this with frozen spinach and if so how did it work out?"
"I've not made it yet but on my list for this week. I plan on saut?ing the spinach instead of boiling and then toss under the broiler until the cheese it browned."
"Oh yum! This is very tasty. I divide the recipe in half for the two of us. My husband loves it!"
"Made this a few weeks ago with tenderloin steaks. How fresh and delish !"
"My daughter and I liked this, but my husband didn't. Will have to keep it for when he goes on his hunting or fishing trips!"
"This is a really tasty way to eat spinach-loved it!"
"As soon as I saw this in my TOH magazine, I knew I wanted to try it. I am glad I did! My family likes spinach but I rarely serve it 'plain'. And sometimes there are just too many ingredients in a spinach recipe that disguise what the spinach really is. This was perfect and we all loved it. I will definitely make this again."
"I made this recipe yesterday and it was extremly tasty. The Italian seasoning, herbs and Parmesan cheese blended very nicely with the spinach."
"I can tell just by looking at the picture and reading it that it has to be very good ,however I would have to leave out the Italian seasoning ."