Spinach Pantry Souffle Recipe
- 6 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- 1. Let egg whites stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Coat a 2-qt. soufflé dish with cooking spray and lightly sprinkle with Parmesan cheese; set aside.
- 2. In a small saucepan, combine the soup, cheese blend and mustard; cook and stir over medium heat for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Transfer to a large bowl; stir in spinach. Stir a small amount of soup mixture into egg yolks; return all to the bowl, stirring constantly.
- 3. In a small bowl with clean beaters, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. With a spatula, stir a fourth of the egg whites into spinach mixture until no white streaks remain. Fold in remaining egg whites until combined. Transfer to prepared dish.
- 4. Bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until the top is puffed and center appears set. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving equals 140 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 90 mg cholesterol, 453 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 12 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 medium-fat meat, 1/2 starch.