Spinach Pancake Quesadillas Recipe
Anna Free of Plymouth, Ohio gives a savory twist to pancakes with this fancy treatment. Leftover pancakes, folded over spinach filling, become a special lunch or side dish for dinner when garnished with sour cream and tomatoes.
- 1 package (10 ounces) fresh spinach
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 package (3 ounces) PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 large pancakes
- 1/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Sour cream and chopped tomato, optional
- In a large saucepan, bring spinach and water to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 3-4 minutes or until spinach is wilted. Drain well and chop.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese and nutmeg until blended. Stir in the spinach. Spread over pancakes; sprinkle with cheeses. Place each on a microwave-safe plate.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high for 30-60 seconds or until cheese is melted. Fold in half; top with sour cream and tomato if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Spinach Pancake Quesadillas in Quick Cooking May/June 2000, p53
Reviews for Spinach Pancake Quesadillas(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Comfort Food Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Mexican Breakfast >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Mexican Vegetarian Recipes >
- Mother's Day Breakfast Recipes >
- Pancakes >
- Quesadillas >
- Quick Recipes >
- Simple Breakfast Recipes >
- Simple Quick Recipes >