Spinach Orzo Salad Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) orzo pasta
- 6 ounces fresh baby spinach (about 8 cups), finely chopped
- 3/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat balsamic vinaigrette
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1. Cook orzo according to package directions. Drain ozo; rinse with cold water and drain well.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine spinach, onion, cheese and orzo. Mix vinaigrette, basil and pepper; toss gently with spinach mixture. Refrigerate until serving. Stir in pine nuts just before serving. Yield: 10 servings.
3/4 cup: 255 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 279mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 8g protein.
Reviews for Spinach Orzo Salad
"Family favorite. Love how all the flavors come together."
"Does anyone know if you can make this recipe into a hot dish? Trying to find the recipe that Macaroni Grill makes!!"
"My family loved it and asked for the recipe. It's so much nicer to bring to a barbaque vs. the typical tricolor macaroni salad.Donna LaPointe Hooksett NH"
"I have made this several times and it gets eaten up all the time. I also add chopped cucumber to it for some added crunch. Pine nuts are a little pricey so I usually omit them. A great alternative to potato or macaroni salad. Yum!"
"Very good salad, we enjoyed it and will definately make it again."