Spinach Orzo Salad Recipe
This incredibly tasty salad couldn’t be any easier to put together, and since it feeds a bunch, you won’t have to double the recipe for potlucks or picnics. Chill it for about an hour to bring out all the fresh flavors. Donna Bardocz — Howell, Michigan
- 1 package (16 ounces) orzo pasta
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat balsamic vinaigrette
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1. Cook orzo according to package directions. Drain and rinse in cold water.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the spinach, cheese, onion and orzo. In a small bowl, combine the vinaigrette, basil and pepper. Pour over orzo; toss to coat. Chill until serving. Just before serving, stir in pine nuts. Yield: 10 servings.
3/4 cup equals 249 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 235 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 9 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC