- 1 package (16 ounces) orzo pasta
- 6 ounces fresh baby spinach (about 8 cups), finely chopped
- 3/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat balsamic vinaigrette
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- Cook orzo according to package directions. Drain ozo; rinse with cold water and drain well.
- In a large bowl, combine spinach, onion, cheese and orzo. Mix vinaigrette, basil and pepper; toss gently with spinach mixture. Refrigerate until serving. Stir in pine nuts just before serving. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Spinach Orzo Salad
"Family favorite. Love how all the flavors come together."
"Does anyone know if you can make this recipe into a hot dish? Trying to find the recipe that Macaroni Grill makes!!"
"My family loved it and asked for the recipe. It's so much nicer to bring to a barbaque vs. the typical tricolor macaroni salad.Donna LaPointe Hooksett NH"
"I have made this several times and it gets eaten up all the time. I also add chopped cucumber to it for some added crunch. Pine nuts are a little pricey so I usually omit them. A great alternative to potato or macaroni salad. Yum!"
"Very good salad, we enjoyed it and will definately make it again."