This incredibly tasty salad couldn’t be any easier to put together, and since it feeds a bunch, you won’t have to double the recipe for potlucks or picnics. Chill it for about an hour to bring out all the fresh flavors. Donna Bardocz — Howell, Michigan
- 1 package (16 ounces) orzo pasta
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat balsamic vinaigrette
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- Cook orzo according to package directions. Drain and rinse in cold water.
- In a large bowl, combine the spinach, cheese, onion and orzo. In a small bowl, combine the vinaigrette, basil and pepper. Pour over orzo; toss to coat. Chill until serving. Just before serving, stir in pine nuts. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Spinach Orzo Salad in Healthy Cooking April/May 2010, p37
Reviews for Spinach Orzo Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review