Spinach-Onion Salad with Hot Bacon Dressing Recipe
I knew this spinach salad was something special when my picky husband asked for seconds! The sweet-tart bacon dressing with a hint of honey is a real treat.— Leigh Gallagher, Austin, WA
- 4 bacon strips, chopped
- 1 medium red onion, chopped, divided
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 5 teaspoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, cook bacon and half of the onion over medium heat until bacon is crisp. Stir in the vinegar, honey, salt and pepper; heat through. Transfer to a small bowl; gradually whisk in oil.
- 2. Place spinach in a large bowl. Drizzle warm dressing over spinach and toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese and remaining onion. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup equals 216 calories, 18 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 341 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC