I knew this spinach salad was something special when my picky husband asked for seconds! The sweet-tart bacon dressing with a hint of honey is a real treat.— Leigh Gallagher, Austin, WA
Recommended: 44 Ways to Get More Leafy Greens in Your Life
- 4 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, chopped
- 1 medium red onion, chopped, divided
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 5 teaspoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- In a large skillet, cook bacon and half of the onion over medium heat until bacon is crisp. Stir in the vinegar, honey, salt and pepper; heat through. Transfer to a small bowl; gradually whisk in oil.
- Place spinach in a large bowl. Drizzle warm dressing over spinach and toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese and remaining onion. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Spinach-Onion Salad with Hot Bacon Dressing in Country Woman February/March 2010, p36
Reviews for Spinach-Onion Salad with Hot Bacon Dressing
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review