Spinach Omelet Brunch Roll Recipe
- 2 cups egg substitute
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 5 turkey bacon strips, diced and cooked, divided
- 1 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1. Line a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan with parchment paper; coat paper with cooking spray and set aside. In a large bowl, whisk the egg substitute, eggs, salt and pepper sauce. Stir in the spinach, onion, Italian seasoning and 1/4 cup bacon.
- 2. Pour into prepared pan. Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until set. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, saute mushrooms in oil for 6-8 minutes or until tender. Drain on paper towels; blot to remove excess moisture. Keep warm.
- 3. Turn omelet onto a work surface; peel off parchment paper. Sprinkle omelet with mushrooms and 3/4 cup cheese; roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a short side. Place on a serving platter. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and bacon. Yield: 8 servings.
1 slice: 160 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 122mg cholesterol, 505mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 17g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Spinach Omelet Brunch Roll
"This was AWESOME...I wasn't sure when I started and now it's the new favorite -- love this book! Thank you."