Spinach Noodle Casserole Recipe
- 4 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Paprika, optional
- Cook noodles according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Arrange half of the noodles in an ungreased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish; layer half of the spinach and half of the Swiss cheese. Spread with half of the white sauce. Repeat layers. Layer with mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses. Sprinkle with paprika if desired.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Uncover; bake 20 minutes longer. Let stand for 15 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Reviews for Spinach Noodle Casserole(1)
Sort By :
I added 1 c. chopped cooked turkey and put it in the casserole after the 2nd layer of noodles. I substituted grated Mexican mix cheese for cheddar. I also cut the recipe in half but it'll serve 4. I will freeze the remaining to have for another meal.
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Pasta >
- Casserole Side Dish Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Christmas Side Dishes >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Pasta Side Dish Recipes >
- Pasta Side Dishes >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Potluck Side Dish Recipes >