Spinach-Mushroom Scrambled Eggs
My husband and I had breakfast at a hotel and enjoyed an amazing mushroom egg dish. As soon as I got home, I made my own rendition. —Rachelle McCalla, Wayne, Nebraska
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup fresh baby spinach, chopped
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons shredded provolone cheese
- In a small nonstick skillet, saute mushrooms and spinach in butter
- until tender. Whisk the eggs, egg whites, salt and pepper. Add egg
- mixture to skillet; cook and stir until almost set. Stir in cheese.
- Cook and stir until completely set. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 162 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 226 mg cholesterol, 417 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 14 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 2 medium-fat meat.