Spinach-Mushroom Scrambled Eggs Recipe
My husband and I had breakfast at a hotel and enjoyed an amazing mushroom egg dish. As soon as I got home, I made my own rendition. —Rachelle McCalla, Wayne, Nebraska
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup fresh baby spinach, chopped
- 2 tablespoons shredded provolone cheese
- 1. In a small bowl, whisk eggs, egg whites, salt and pepper until blended. In a small nonstick skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms; cook and stir 3-4 minutes or until tender. Add spinach; cook and stir until wilted. Reduce heat to medium.
- 2. Add egg mixture; cook and stir just until eggs are thickened and no liquid egg remains. Stir in cheese. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving equals 162 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 226 mg cholesterol, 417 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 14 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 2 medium-fat meat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC