It takes only minutes to put together this salad's tangy dressing. Lynn Larkin's vinaigrette of basil, oregano and sage complements the crisp spinach and fresh mushrooms she serves at her Sterling Heights, Michigan home.
Recommended: 44 Ways to Get More Leafy Greens in Your Life
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon rubbed sage
- Dash to 1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 8 medium fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 7 cups torn fresh spinach
- In a small bowl, combine the first 12 ingredients; mix well. Add mushrooms and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Just before serving, toss the spinach and mushroom mixture in a salad bowl. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Spinach Mushroom Salad in Quick Cooking January/February 2002, p17
Reviews for Spinach Mushroom Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review