Spinach-Mushroom Beef Patties
Whether grilled or broiled, these juicy, flavorful burgers flecked with spinach and cheese were always a yummy summertime favorite with Jan Komarek from Friendswood, Texas. With or without a bun, they’re sure to bring raves!
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1 envelope onion mushroom soup mix
- 2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- In a large bowl, combine the spinach, cheese, mushrooms and soup mix.
- Crumble beef over mixture and mix well.
- Shape into eight patties. Grill, covered, over medium-hot heat for
- 5-7 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 160°
- and meat juices run clear. Yield: 8 servings.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.